The following page outlines Presbyterian Support Northern’s commitment to your privacy.
The rights to privacy of people having dealings with Presbyterian Support – members, donors, people who receive a service from Presbyterian Support, volunteers, employees, prospective employees etc – shall be assured in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1993. Personal data or information in any form will be managed with diligence.
Presbyterian Support will be open and accountable about how personal information is handled.
What information is collected and how?
The type of information collected and retained by Presbyterian Support includes personal information about:
- Job applicants
- People receiving a service from Presbyterian Support
- Other people who come into contact with Presbyterian Support
Yes – cookies are pieces of information that will be sent by Presbyterian Support when you log onto our web site. These will be stored on your computer’s hard drive, to allow us to recognise you as a user when you next visit.
Personal information personally provided
Presbyterian Support collects personal information held about an individual by way of forms filled out, face to face meetings and interviews, telephone calls, facsimiles, email and sometimes through use of contractors/consultants.
When collecting information:
- Only information necessary for the activities of Presbyterian Support will be collected and recorded
- Information given in confidence will remain confidential
- Personal information provided by other people
- In some circumstances, Presbyterian Support may receive personal information about an individual from a third party – for example, references or referrals.
Presbyterian Support’s use of personal information personally provided
In general, Presbyterian Support will use or disclose information only for the primary purpose for which the information was collected. When information is to be used or disclosed for other than the primary purpose for which it was collected, consent will be obtained wherever practicable.
Secondary use or disclosure will occur only if the individual agrees, or the use or disclosure of information is allowed by law.
Presbyterian Support will not send personal information about an individual outside New Zealand without obtaining the individual’s consent or complying with National Privacy Principles.
Management and security of personal information
As a condition of employment, Presbyterian Support’s staff and volunteers are expected to respect the confidentiality of information and the privacy of individuals.
Presbyterian Support will take reasonable steps to ensure that the information it collects, uses, retains or discloses is accurate, complete, and up to date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information individuals provide. It is recommended that people dealing with Presbyterian Support:
- Advise us of any errors in personal information
- Keep us up to date with changes in personal information such as name and address
- To update personal information, please contact your local Presbyterian Support office or use our online contact form. An individual has the right to obtain access to any personal information Presbyterian Support retains and to advise of any perceived inaccuracy.
Credit and debit card security
We work diligently to protect the security of your personal information, including credit and debit card information. When you submit personal information including credit card details, a secure server is used. We protect your information during transmission by using the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol, which encrypts your information when transmitted over the Internet. You can check that the SSL is active by looking for the padlock symbol on many browsers. It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Ensure you logout when you have finished, especially if using a shared computer.
Please contact Presbyterian Support Northern, in writing, if you wish to obtain access:
Presbyterian Support Northern, PO Box 99890, Auckland 1149